So much to see & do... where do we start?
* We offer kayaks, canoes & bikes for rent so you can enjoy the magic of Flathead Lake without even leaving the resort!
- WOODS BAY is a magical community with practically everything anyone would need or want within minutes from the resort.
- FLATHEAD LAKE! Of course we have to start with the lake! Endless possibilities with this lake - take a refreshing dip right from our pebble beach, paddle out in a kayak or canoe, or rent a SUP from Basecamp Bigfork (they deliver!). Several fishing charters are available and there is also a public boat launch less than two miles from the resort.
- BEAR DANCE hiking and mountain biking trail. Five miles down the road. Epic views, never crowded, great hike/ride up and a solid black diamond mountain bike ride down! Ask us about the trail, it's one of our favorites.
- GLACIER NATIONAL PARK is 40 miles away. One of the most popular parks in the country, Glacier National Park offers something for everyone- from sightseeing to whitewater rafting, photography to exploring - be sure to add a day to your trip to thoroughly enjoy all Glacier National Park has to offer!
- THE SWAN RIVER "WILD MILE" Nature Trail and whitewater rafting & kayaking. Take a leisurely stroll on a beautifully constructed nature trail that follows above the Swan River. Bikers, runners, walkers- all are welcome on this trail! OR... if you are an adventurous type (and qualified), take a lap or two with your kayak or raft down the class III - IV Wild Mile. Famous for the Whitewater Festival over Memorial Day Weekend, the Swan River draws professionals and enthusiasts from all over the world!
- HIKING & MOUNTAIN BIKING - So many hiking & biking trails so close to Flathead Lake Resort, including Crane Mountain, Jewel Basin, Krause Basin... we are avid hikers and mountain bikers, so feel free to ask us for suggestions! (p.s... Swan Lake trail is one of our favorite mountain biking and hiking trails. Three miles up, and a fast (especially on a bike!) three miles down!)
In addition to Flathead Lake, there are several other bodies of water, including Loon Lake, Echo Lake, and Swan Lake.
BIGFORK PLAYHOUSE - One of our favorite ways to spend summer evenings - rising college-age stars perform in popular Broadway musicals right in downtown Bigfork!
Stop into our office to get our specific recommendations for your visit!
Eats, treats & drinks:
Max’s Market (our sister company) - a delightful specialty grocery store & community space where you will find amazing local produce, meats & dairy - as well as meat and dairy alternatives, everything you could ever want for a sack lunch, BBQ, meal on the lake, fresh coffee, etc. You will also find natural body and skin care products, notecards all made in Montana, CBD ointments & tinctures and loads of doggie goodies! www.maxsmarketmt.com
Rosa’s Pizza offers delicious pizza and they deliver!
BurgerTown is a seasonal burger joint that serves delicious burgers right off of Highway 35.
The Raven is within walking distance of the resort and has a patio right on the lake. They often have live music and serve up a funky Caribbean theme!
Bonfire is our newest restaurant also within walking distance from the resort. Beautiful craft cocktails mixed with a savory diverse menu and a intimate family atmosphere, it is a must while you are in Woods Bay!
Tell us what you're in the mood for and we will be able to point you in the right direction!
Bigfork Village Market takes place every Monday from 5:30 - 7pm downtown Bigfork. This is a great community event and one of our favorite ways to spend Monday nights! www.bigforkmarket.org
Local Music - There is always music happening in Bigfork! Check out the chamber website for a full schedule (www.bigfork.org)
Stay tuned for an updated list of local events!